Yahoo Japan Corporation (Yahoo! JAPAN) conducts initiatives to ensure that women can continue working in a secure environment. In accordance with the Act on the Promotion of Female Participation and Career Advancement in the Workplace (“Act”), we notified our action plan to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in March 2016.
Action Plan for Promoting the Participation of Women in the Workplace (March 2016)
Plan period: April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2026
We will enact 100% of our initiatives to maintain and improve our working environment in which diverse human resources can continue to thrive.
Initiative 1: Supporting life events
- We continue to support projects for female employees, including information sharing and instructional meetings with industrial physicians and volunteers on gynecological issues such as menopause.
- We conduct roundtable discussions on working while caregiving, for employees who need consultations on the difficulties of caregiving.
Initiative 2: Supporting career development
- We continue to support projects that support employees balancing work and childcare. Volunteers in the company give advice to employees experiencing difficulties balancing work and childcare and their superiors, as well as expecting parents. These projects include roundtable discussions for employees returning to work from childcare leave, discussion sessions for employees on childcare leave, and information sharing among employees raising children.
- We continue to implement initiatives promoting flexible workstyles and introduce management training to raise awareness of work-life balance issues.
- We continue to hold occasions for management and employees to share opinions and for the management to directly answer employees’ questions.
- We encourage employees to take advantage of the sabbatical system available to employees who have achieved a certain level of seniority.
- We look into facilitating the use of the Dokodemo Office (office anywhere) system which allows employees to work from anywhere without committing to a single workspace.